What to Expect at your appointments
- When you arrive for your appointment we will check you in.
- At this time we will verify and make a copy of your photo ID.
- If you are bringing in documentation of blood type you will need to hand it in at this time.
- You will be directed to leave a urine sample in the bathroom for your urine pregnancy test.
- Once finished you will receive your paperwork to fill out.
- If you did not bring in documentation of your blood type we will check it in your preliminary workup.
- In the preliminary workup, you will have your blood pressure and temperature checked as well.
- You will then be prompted to pay your preliminary fee of $200.00 before seeing the physician.
- You will then meet and consent with the physician.
- After meeting with the physician you will get an ultrasound.
- Once your ultrasound has been completed your initial visit is over and you will be discharged.
- You will check in at the front desk and then have a seat in the waiting room.
- You will then be called into the payment area to pay the balance due for your abortion.
- After payment you will be take to a singular waiting room or be told to have a seat back in the waiting room. This will vary on a day to day basis.
- Once you are in the singular waiting room, you will be taken back for your medication abortion or surgical abortion after a short waiting period.
- Once the medication is taken in front of the physician you will be discharged. (medication abortion)
- After the surgical abortion is completed you will be in the recovery room for 30-45 minutes before you are discharged.
In 2011 the State of Florida made a law which requires an ultrasound before an abortion. The law also requires that the patient be offered an opportunity to view and hear an explanation of the live ultrasound images before giving informed consent. The law also allows you to decline this viewing consultation process if you so choose.
There is a charge for a detailed viewing of the ultrasound. You will be given the opportunity to decline the detailed ultrasound during your meeting with a staff member.
- After you have consented with the physician, you will be taken to an exam room to get your ultrasound.
- Confirmation ultrasounds are included in the cost of your procedure and completed to make sure you are within the first trimester.
- Ultrasounds are also completed to make sure your choice of procedure is the most effective decision.